Thursday, July 18, 2013

34 Weeks

December 22.

That's the day that we found out our lives were about to change in bigger ways than we would understand.

I remember that day really well.  It was a Saturday morning.  Cody and I were laying in bed, talking about how we were glad that the world didn't end on December 21.  My period was late, but I had stopped taking my birth control the month before, so my period was screwed up anyway.  I had taken a test the week before, but it was negative.  I hadn't told Cody that I'd tested, but the fact that my period was still late was making me nervous, so I told him before heading to the bathroom that my period was late, and I was gonna test just in case.  I went back to bed, and we laid there talking, not thinking anything of the fact that it was possible I could be pregnant.  About 5 minutes later, I went back to the bathroom...and it was positive. I sat there, staring at the stick, kind of in shock. I was sure it was a false positive.  Cody kept calling my name, but I think when I didn't answer, he knew what the answer was.  I went back in the bedroom, and we sat in silence.  We were terrified.  It wasn't something that we had been planning, but it wasn't something we were preventing, either. 

Now here it is, 39 days away from my due date.  She really could come at any time, and although we are still a little nervous, we are both so excited about meeting our baby.  This whole pregnancy has been full of ups and downs, but I wouldn't change it for the world.  I can't wait to meet her, learn about her, figure out what her personality is.  I am so happy where we are at in our life right now, and I can't wait to see what the future holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment